Monday, October 7, 2013

Toning Brassy Hair

Hey everyone!,

I wanted to make this post all about toning brassy hair. A few weeks ago I bleached my hair blonde and was left with some yellow-orangey tones. So I decided to tone it. I followed some advice from Silvia of Ellebangs on youtube (she is a professional hairdresser). She is awesome you should check her out especially if you plan on going blonde!

I mixed two different Wella toners:

T18 (lightest ash blonde

And T11 (lightest beige blonde)


I used equal parts of each of these and mixed it with two parts 20 volume developer. I bought a basic developer from Sally's. Following the instructions on the Wella toner I towel dried my hair before applying.  I left it on my hair for around 30 minutes. But I checked my hair every ten minutes to see how the color was developing. With toners don't be scared if it looks purple or dark its just the tint that is being added to your hair it won't turn out that way :) 
Here are my results:
I love how its cooler and less brassy. In order to maintain this color I will probably have to tone it every 3 weeks or so depending on how quickly those dreaded brassy tones return. 

Here is a video showing what I used and the results:





I hope you enjoyed! Are any of you planning on going blonde?? What are your favorite toners?

Kelley Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment