This little blog will discusses beauty reviews, tips and makeup look ideas. Pepp and Tink (AKA Elise and Kelley) are not professional makeup artists, but have been makeup lovers for years and want to share their tips with you.They also love experimenting with hairstyles and colors as well as fashion and style. Hope you enjoy! Kelley also has a Youtube channel so check her out!
Email us at : KelleyBeauty23@gmail.com
1. Cetaphil lotion: I LOVE this stuff! I have very sensitive skin and this moisturizer has never irritated my skin in any way. I’ve been using it for a few years now and it never fails me. Lately I have been mixing some of my concealer with the lotion creating my own tinted moisturizer, which is great for summer. This lotion can be a little pricey around $15-20 depending on the size but to me it is worth it.
2. Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge concealer: This is the concealer that I have been using with the Cetaphil lotion. I like mixing it with a moisturizer because used on its own it can be a bit drying. The coverage is great, I think the only downside is that there are not many shade options. I have mine in light which works well for me because I like my concealers to be more on the lighter side. I purchased the glamoflauge concealer at Wal-Mart for $6.
3. Too Faced Sweet Dreams Palette: I have discussed this palette in the past in a review, but I’ve been so consumed with the naked and naked2 palettes I sort of neglected this one. Lately I have been loving 3 eyeshadows in particular from this palette: copper peony, teddy bear, and lovey dovey. I looked on sephora.com to see if these colors were available individually and I only found copper peony, available on its own for $18. The sweet dreams palette sells for $52 which is a deal in terms of Too faced prices because you are getting 15 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, a highlight, a bronzer, and full tube of shadow insurance primer. (all of those on their own are around $18)
Below is a picture of 3 shadows:
4. NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk. I like to use this product to prime my eyes. I use this color all over my lid before applying shadow. This pencil can also be used as a highlight. Available at nyxcosmetics.com for $4.50
5. ELF brow clear gel mascara. I picked up this brow gel at target for $1. I like to use this mascara to keep my brows in place and it helps me to neaten them up.
6. Essie nail polish in “a crewed interest”. This color is so pretty. Its a coral pink shade perfect for spring/summer. I picked up mine at CVS for $8.
7. Suave Keratin infusion color care shampoo: I’m a sucker for new products so this should come as no surprise. This shampoo is definitely less harsh on my hair and that may be because it contains less sulfates. Also I like the scent of the shampoo. You can find this product in most drugstores, or Target or Wal-Mart for $3-5.
8. Suave kid’s detangler spray: I’m not sure if this was in my March favorites but it is worthy of repeating. It costs only a couple of bucks but has definitely made my hair way more manageable especially when I get out of the shower. I spray this all over my hair and then comb through with a wide tooth comb and I feel my hair is softer.
9. Covergirl Lashblast mascara: The wand on this mascara makes all the difference. It seperates the lashes without clumping them. I put this mascara aside for a little bit but now I am back. This mascara usually sells for around $8-9, maybe cheaper at Target or Wal-Mart.
10. Victoria Secret’s lip gloss in innocent/pink: Online the name of this lip gloss is pink but in stores it is still labeled as innocent, not sure why there was a name change. I have heard many people say this is a dupe for Nar’s popular lip gloss turkish delight. Personally I love this baby pink lip gloss but I typically don’t wear it by itself, it can be a bit too pale for my skin tone so I usually mix it with another gloss or lipstick. You can find this on the victoria’s secret website for $12.
11. ELF Liquid eyeliner. Obsessed with this stuff. Quickly has become my FAVORITE eyeliner. The brush allows you to create the most precise line. Which is a great thing if you prefer a thinner liner. AND did I mention its only $1? Seriously go try it out!
For this simple nail look I used three main colors:a basic black, sally hansen insta-dri in whirlwind wind as well as slick slate. For the in between colors I just mixed some of the grey color with the white and some black with the grey. I think its a simple way to make your nails pop!
I thought I would pop on and talk about bronzers since summer is right around the corner. I currently have five bronzers in my makeup collection I swatched all of them below and will discuss my likes and dislikes about each and their price points:
1. Jane Mojave shimmering bronzer:
This bronzer is cool because you have all the different shades that can be used individually or swirled together. For the swatch I just mixed them all together. I don’t use this one all that often because it does have tons of shimmer so I definitely don’t recommend this one for contouring. However if you want a nice shimmery glow this might be right for you. I picked up mine at rite aid for 5.99. I don’t see this particular bronzer on the Jane website but they do have similar ones which I have linked here: Jane Bronzer , this one is actually on sale for $3.
2. Sephora blockbuster kit bronzer:
This bronzer is a little different because it is apart of a bigger kit. The blockbuster kit sells for $49.50 and contains tons of products, if you would like to see a review on it let me know. I included it because it is a nice bronzer but similar to the Jane it contains shimmer. I haven’t seen it sold separately but Sephora does have a limited edition bronzer/blush duo for $22 that looks pretty similar. Honestly I’m not sure if it is worth money I’ve only used mine because I got the big kit. I would say head over to Sephora to swatch and try it out for yourself.
3. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil:
This bronzer is one of my favorites. There is absolutely no shimmer in it which makes it perfect for contouring or an overall bronzed look. Also it smells just like chocolate which is an added bonus. The only downside is that it retails at Sephora for $29.
4. NYC Smooth skin Bronzing powder in Sunny:
NYC’s Sunny is definitely another one of my favorites. I tend to like matte bronzers a lot more and this is a cheaper alternative to the too faced bronzer. They look pretty similar but for a fraction of the cost. This bronzer retails for $2.99 and I picked mine up from CVS.
5. MAC Golden:
I have this bronzer in the fab-racadabra bronze face kit which unfortunately I don’t think they sell anymore, you might be able to find it online. For me personally I wasn’t all that impressed. I’m not sure if its because it was in this kit and is better on its own but it is a very sheer bronzer. This might good for you if you just want a subtle bronzed glow. Golden has a tiny bit of shimmer to it as well.
Okay guys, hope you enjoyed this big post about bronzers!
Hey guys so I headed over to bath and body works today because I had a 20% off coupon for the month of April. They are also having a sale for the large 3 wick candles which are currently 2 for $20. A great deal considering one alone is regularly $19.50
The first candle I picked up was Paris Daydream I think its a really pretty romantic scent. Its girly and on the floral side but its not too strong.
The second candle was Island Colada this is a great tropical scent that smells just like a pina colada.
I bought 3 mini products:
Of course I picked up some more white citrus shower gel I think its a really fresh and clean scent thats not too overpowering.
Secondly I grabbed the true blue lotion in shea butter but ended up giving that to my cousin for to try
And the last little extra is something I have never tried so I’m a little nervous. It is the true blue apricot and white tea face scrub, I’ll definitely keep you posted on that.
I thought I would give you guys a run down of how much I spent on this stuff, in total with my coupon I paid $26.12 for all of it. I got the candles for $8 when they are normally $19.50 and I got all the little extras for $2.66 each when they are normally 5-6 dollars each. I love a bargain and bath and body works has a lot of great sales going on right now!
Here are a few of my favorite products that I have used consistently this month:
Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner: I mentioned this item in my hair care routine and I love it! Seriously I underestimated this conditioner I just added some blonde highlights to my hair and despite how harsh bleach can be this conditioner left my hair silky smooth. I even skipped the $30 macademia repair mask.Definitely recommend this product and its under five dollars.
Revlon colorstay lipstick in soft nude, it’s a perfect nude color and I like to pair it with the Revlon lip butter in creamsicle.
Elf waterproof eyeliner pen/ Liquid Liner: Both of these liners are only a buck! The liquid liner provides for an even thinner line than the pen. I love both of these eyeliners so much they are super cheap and great quality and make applying eyeliner very easy. I recommend the pen for people that aren’t so great with eyeliner.
Bath and Body works White Citrus Shower Gel: I have been loving this scent this month. It is such a clean fresh scent that is perfect for spring.
Elf flawless finish foundation: I have mentioned this foundation a lot so its no surprise it would be in my favorites. However I did recently buy a new foundation, but only because the Elf foundation has spf in it. I was looking for one that didn’t for when I take pictures.
Too faced Bronzer chocolate soleil: I have been reaching for this bronzer a lot. Sometimes for an all over bronzer as well as for contouring. I love how this bronzer smells just like chocolate.
Suave kids hair detangler: I know this might sound weird but I love this! My hair can get so knotty and this stuff make its so manageable.
A non beauty item
Bath and body works candle in tiki beach. I love this candle it is such a tropical summery scent!
Hi guys today Pepp and I went to CVS and I picked up four new lipsticks. I purchased two new revlon lip butters in creamsicle and tutti frutti, revlon colorburst lipstick in soft nude, and rimmel lasting finish by kate 01. I originally only went to the store for the lip butter tutti frutti but as usual ended up with more.
So I thought I would show you guys my lipstick collection, I only have 10 which seems so little compared to all the people on youtube or with beauty blogs but I think I have a nice range of colors and to be honest I typically wear gloss more, but recently I have been wearing lipstick more.
Here are some swatches of all the lipsticks
Another swatch with all the names listed.
My lipstick collection! Let me know if you have any questions.
Just to add I think my favorites for spring/summer will be: tutti frutti which is a really pretty coral, soft nude, creamsicle which is a more peachy nude color, cotton candy (a rosy pink color) and kate moss’ red rimmel lipstick ( a true red).
Hi guys, I wanted to do a quick post on my hair care routine. So here goes lets start with shampoo.
Within the last month I have switched to Suave humectant moisture shampoo.
I have highlighted my hair and it has definitely helped put some moisture back into my hair.
Next I have already blogged about the macademia deep repair masque so I won’t go into depth about it, but just say that the directions suggest only using the product twice a week.
Because I don’t want to use this product every time I wash my hair I picked up the Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner. The Aussie conditioner only costs $3-4 while the macademia retails for $30 (cheaper on Amazon).
This conditioner has been great in between my uses of the macademia masque. I typically wash my hair every other day and alternate between these two products. If your hair is not that damaged but you would like it to be softer I suggest trying out the Aussie 3 minute miracle, its cheap and leaves your hair nice and soft.
For me personally I needed the more extreme macademia masque because of the state my hair was in but I will continue to use the Aussie conditioner in between my macademia uses.
Okay so lets move on to styling. FIrst off I use the tresseme heat tamer spray before I blow dry or apply any kind of heat.
For Christmas I was given a Bumble and Bumble gift set. I foudn the seaweed shampoo and conditioner to be a little drying which is probably because my hair is color treated. However I enjoy the styling lotion and creme.
First up is the Bumble and Bumble styling lotion.
I use this product to detangle and soften.
Next up is the Styling Creme.
I use this product to add some body and texture to my hair. I run this product through my damp hair.
After all this I blow dry my hair with my chi blow dryer. However I have been thinking of buying another one. I have heard great things about the NuMe dryer, but I know that one is expensive. I’ll let you guys know if I purchase the NuMe dryer or any other blow dryer.
I ordered a few things from ELF last week and I wanted to share them.
The first thing I ordered was the flawless finish foundation in sand. Which I have written about on here before. I absolutely love this foundation and have used it so much I needed to order another one. I tried using a maybelline foundation but its just not the same. I also love that it only costs $6.
Next I really wanted to try the HD powder.
I have used it a couple of times already and I love it. After I apply my foundation I use this powder to set everything and it gives my face a great matte finish.
I ordered a couple of lip glosses. The first was the pink candy glossy gloss.
This gloss is a beautiful shade of pink. It can be a little too pink for me though so I usually mix it with some other colors.
The other glossy gloss I purchased is very similar but its more natural. Sweet Salmon:
They look almost identical in these pictures so I will have to upload a swatch picture so you can see the difference. I like using this color with the revlon lip butter creme brulee the two mixed with a little pink candy are almost a dupe for nars turkish delight. Which I have yet to find the perfect dupe of. A lot of people have recommended bonne belle’s strawberry parfait. Besides the color of the glosses, they are very moisturizing and don’t have a strong scent to them.
I went ahead and ordered a brush cleaner as well. It gets the job done and I have no complaints so far.
I needed a new eyeliner and ordered the waterproof eyeliner pen. It only costs a dollar so what the heck.
I didn’t expect much from this product being that it felt so lightweight like a marker and only costs a buck. HOWEVER ELF never ceases to amaze me. I fell in love with this product I get a great thin line that can easily be built upon. And the color pay off is great. I could not be more please with the product.
Finally I ordered some eyelashes for Pepp. I haven’t given them to her yet so once I do she will have to try them out and give a review. This is what they look like, they are the hollywood lashes: