Thursday, April 26, 2012

TOO FACED SWEET DREAMS REVIEW


This Too faced palette contains an eye shadow insurance primer, fifteen eye shadows, two blushes, one highlighter and one bronzer. This palette is a little pricey at $52. It was given to me as a gift and I am definitely grateful! 

Okay so lets get into it: Eyeshadows
Im going to start from the top left:
Lovey Dovey:is a really pretty shimmery brown. It has beautiful gold shimmer in it and I have even used it as a liner. 
Teddy Bear: Definitely one of my favorite colors in the palette. This shadow is a light matte brown. It’s a great color for filling eyebrows or even a brown smokey eye.
Copper Peony: I haven’t used this color much but it is a very shimmery copper gold color.
Peach Fuzz: This shadow can be used as a highlight it fine shimmers in it.
In the Buff: Is a matte finish shadow. Which I have used as a highlight. If you don’t really like shimmery shadows this shadow will be good for you. I have heard some people complain that this shadow can be a bit chalky but I haven’t had that experience.
~Second Row~
Smolder: This shadow is a matte black. It’s not a stark black so its not too dramatic. A great color for a smokey eye as well as a liner.
Nice Ash: Is a very pretty grey shadow with fine silver shimmers in it. Combining nice ash with smolder would definitely be a great pairing for a smokey eye.
Party Girl: This purple shadow makes a statement! It has blue shimmers in it and is a bright purple. 
Cut the Cake: Is a lilac shadow with a silver hue to it. This color is would look nice with green eyes.
Satin Sheets: This color is a very shimmery light pink. Great for a highlight color but again tons of shimmer in this shadow so if thats not you stick with in the buff.
~Third Row~
First Dance: Is a deep matte purple color. If you wanted to combining first dance, cut the cake and party girl would make a purple smokey eye.
Cop a Teal: This shadow is beautiful! It reminds me of a peacock. A beautiful teal color with shimmer.
Nice Stems:  I haven’t used this shadow yet. Its a bright green with tons of shimmer!
Label Whore: Reminds me of cop a teal but darker with lots of different shimmer shades. Its one of those shadows that looks different in different lighting.
Honeymoon: This shadows is also very shimmery. Its sort of a gold-olive color. 
Overall the shadows are very pretty not a lot of matte shadows but the ones that are matte are important colors like black, brown and white and even a deep purple. The shadows are very pigmented as well. They are all very good quality.
~Shadow Insurance~
I haven’t really noticed a difference with this primer although lately I have done very natural looks, so I’ll update when I do heavy eye makeup.
~Blush/highlight/bronzer~
Cocoa Rose:  (top left) A dark pink colors with a matte finish. This color can be great for contouring. 
Sweet Pink: A much brighter pink blush with fine shimmer. 
Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: I really like this color for contouring its dark enough to really make contouring pop. 
Candlelight glow: A beautiful highlight with shimmer I use this color on the apples of my cheeks and above where I contoured. It does have a lot of shimmer so sometimes I’ll mix it with the matte in the buff to cut down on all the shimmer.
~Overall thoughts and Packaging~
The packaging of the palette looks like a story book very girly and romantic. It can be a bit bulky though. The palette also included 3 cards with different ideas for looks. Overall I am very happy with the palette I enjoy the quality of Too Faced. What I really love is the bronzer and the variety of shadows. 
Okay finally we are done with this review I think it is safe to say I am sick of the word shimmer haha! 
Happy Holidays!
TinK xX

No comments:

Post a Comment