This little blog will discusses beauty reviews, tips and makeup look ideas. Pepp and Tink (AKA Elise and Kelley) are not professional makeup artists, but have been makeup lovers for years and want to share their tips with you.They also love experimenting with hairstyles and colors as well as fashion and style. Hope you enjoy! Kelley also has a Youtube channel so check her out!
Email us at : KelleyBeauty23@gmail.com
Wow that title was long! Alright lets get into it. I recently picked up 2 of the revlon balm stains because everyone has been talking about them.
The first shade I picked up was Darling, for some reason I have been drawn to lilacs.However this is definitely on the pink side.
I think it is a pretty color for everyday wear. At first I didn’t see much of a difference but when I tried it on the next day, I could see the color pay off, its almost like a your lips but better type of product. I definitely like the way the product glides on, it feels like a lip balm but gives you great color. Compared to the lip butters, these are more of a dry formula, they moisturize but not in a super sticky or glossy way. The consistency is almost comparable to the EOS lip balms.
The next color I picked up was crush. A really pretty deep plum color.
I really really love this one! You can add more to make it more dramatic or less for a day look. The other benefit to these is that they last a long time! Also they don’t come off easily which is great if your’e looking for a product to put on once and not have to worry about re-applying.
Overall I really enjoys these, I’m not sure if I would get any more colors, possibly one of the reds, but I would recommend these to people who don’t want to fuss with their lips but want a nice color pay off.
The next item I picked up was a limited edition maybelline color sensational lipstick in nude nuances.
I think this color is beautiful. Its a really pretty nude pink shade. A lot of people have been comparing it to MAC’s hue. I’m not sure how long these will be on the market, but I’m glad I picked this one up.
Hey guys, so I went a little crazy this weekend and I thought I would share with you all of my purchases:
First I picked up 2 nail polishes at CVS, they were on sale for 99 cents each. They are the spoiled line made my wet n wild. I got one in a pretty nude called “show me some skin” and a sparkly silver in “I have no reception”:
Next I went to wal-mart:
first I got more glamoflauge concealer just as a back up, this is a serious heavy duty concealer, for $6:
Then I saw hard candy had some beautiful blushes. At first I was going to get that fox in a box blush everyone raves about but this blush just looked so pretty and perfect for summer.I believes it was $5 Its called honeymoon:
I also picked up some lashes for $3:
Next up Target. I got a plain cami and I also picked up this cute tank on sale for $8:
Pepp and I headed to the mall yesterday and naturally our first stop was Sephora. I wanted to try out a new fragrance so I picked up a mini bottle of Amazing grace by philosophy for $15:
I had 100 pts on my beauty insider card so they gave me this blow dry cream:
Then we headed over to MAC and Pepp got a great new foundation! I picked up a lipstick in creme d’nude:
I also grabbed a lipglass in c-thru a pretty nude gloss:
Next up was vans, at vans I picked up 2 shirts:
I thought this shirt was cute and I could pair it with a cami underneath.
1. EOS lip balm sweet mint, love this stuff, I keep it in my bag at all times.
2. elf eyelid primer, I find that this $1 primer is a dupe for some of the more expensive eyelid primers out there.
3. Naked palettes, this month I’ve pretty much only used these two palettes. If you are a neutral eye fan, these palettes are worth the money.
4. elf flat liner brush, this brush was included in my Elf mystery bag and I am so glad that it was. Its great for lining your eyes and water line..
5. too faced candleight glow highlight, this highlight is perfect for the warmer months it helps me to achieve a nice summer glow.
6. too faced chocolate soleil, this bronzer is great for a sunkissed look plus it smells like chocolate ;)
7. Garnier fructis sleek and shine intensely smooth leave in conditioner, this is probably my most favorite, favorite, if that makes sense. After I get out of the shower I run this product through my hair and it leaves my hair silky smooth. If your hair is damaged I suggest picking this up.
8. Makeup forever hd foundation, I caved I finally got it. It took me a minute to get used to, it dries fast so you have to work quickly. I put it in my favorites because I have mainly been using it however I’m not sure if I would re-purchase it. I’ll keep you guys updated, if you want a full review on it let me know. I also have the primer and powder.
Those are all my favorites for the month, but I also thought I’d included a product I really did not enjoy.
Product I regret:
tresemme split end remedy leave in conditioner. I found this made my hair feel even more dry and it looked slimy and gross. I really did not enjoy this, maybe I did not use it properly but it just did not work for me. Let me know if you have tried it.