Friday, August 17, 2012

REVLON COLORSTAY WHIPPED FOUNDATION/ RIMMEL CLEAN FINISH FOUNDATION REVIEW


Hey guys!

I have two foundation reviews for you guys. I recently ran out of my ELF flawless finish foudnation from the studio line which I love! I honestly like it just as much if not more than the makeup forever hd foundation and its a fraction of the cost. 
So I decided to try out something new. I picked up the Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation. I saw a couple of people on youtube talk about it and thought I would try it out. 
I chose the shade sand because that is the name and similar color to the one I use from Elf. The Pros for this foundation are the packaging. It comes with a little spatula which is pretty cool and something I’ve never seen before. One I first applied it, it felt hydrating on my skin and very smooth. However within an hour of application the color oxidized and turned an orangey color. I noticed some areas looked a bit cakey. I gave this product a couple of tries but honestly I couldn’t deal with the way the color would change. I ended up returning it so unfortunately I don’t have any swatches of it.
When I returned it I decided to try out the Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation especially since it was on sale. I picked up the shade 200 sand beige. 
I took those pictures without flash so you can see the true color. It is hard to find your shade because the glass is so thick the colors look pretty similar. I think I ended up with the right shade, I could probably go down a shade for winter. Anyway so far I love this foundation. It feels great on the skin and is easy to apply. I started out with a brush but found it was easier just to use my fingers. The consistency is great its not too liquidy but its not a mousse either. I didn’t need a lot to do an entire face application. I actually just used what was on the plastic cover and didn’t even use what was in the jar. I know the liquid version dries fast and can be hard to work with, but the whipped version is definitely easier and takes a little longer to dry and settle into the skin. I haven’t worn it for 24hrs and I don’t think I ever will haha, but so far so good. 
Thats all for now, I’ll have a mini haul up soon!
TinK xX

No comments:

Post a Comment