Thursday, October 25, 2012

Favorite Drugstore Face Products


Hey guys! I’ve been wanting to do a drugstore post for a while now. I love drugstore makeup and most of my collection is filled with it. I quickly realized I had a lot of favorites and too many to limit to 10! So I decided I would include all of my favorites, by categories. First we will start with face products!

Foundation:

Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation. I love this product, it definitely lives up to its name and will last all day. I am in the color 200 sand beige. I prefer the whipped formula because my skin tends to be dry and I feel this is more moisturizing. This product sells for around $13.


ELF Flawless finish foundation. This has been a favorite of mine for a while. The color and coverage are great. I will say its not the best long lasting foundation, but for everyday this is a go to. I am in the shade sand. You can find this at target or eyeslipsface.com for $6.





Concealer:

I don’t use concealer that often, but if I really need to cover something I reach for Hard Candy’s glamoflauge. This is a heavy duty concealer, a little goes a long way. If applied to heavy it can tend to look cakey. I am in the shade light, as far as I know there are only a couple of shade options. You can find this product at Walmart for $6.





Bronzer:

Elf healthy glow bronzing powder in sunkissed.  I love this stuff. It is not too dark and no orangey undertones. A really nice bronze color with a hint of shimmer, for a perfect glow. The best part its only $1.



NYC smooth skin bronzing powder in sunny. This bronzer is great because it is completely matte. Perfect for contouring. Generally retails for $2-3.




Highlight:

Hard Candy blush crush baked blush, honeymoon (127). Even though this is a blush I love using it as a highlight. It reminds me of MAC’s mineralized skin finish powders. Can be found at Walmart for around $6-7.



Sometimes for a matte highlight I will use NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk. I love using this if I am going for a strong highlight and contour. $4-5



Elf shimmering facial whip in lilac petal. This products creates a beautiful glow, but be careful not to use too much product, I made that mistake and looked like Edward from Twilight lol. $1



Blush:

Wet n Wild blush in pearlescent pink. A really beautiful peachy pink color with a little bit of shimmer. $2-3



Well those are all my favorite drugstore face products, stay tuned for my favorite drugstore eye and lip products! :)

TinK xX

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love the NYX eyeshadow pencils and the Revlon colorstay whipped is my absolute favorite! I have never tried the elf shimmer whip but I've heard lots of great things about them! :D One of my new drugstore faves is the Maybelline Dream Lumi touch<3

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! The shimmer whip is great, except it is really shimmery so I only use a tiny bit. Oh wow I have to try the lumi touch I've been wanting to try the lumi foundation, have you tried it? <3

    ReplyDelete